Subject: [legalxml-econtracts] Contract Info Requirements

Folks,
The following list of elements represent the information requirements that I aim
to file one or more Use Cases for. These represent the basic information that we
at the Data Consortium would like to be able to extract from a legal contract --
there will be others submitted in the context of the Use Cases.

Generally, the list contains two types of elements -- those that are used for
the Clause Model, and those for the Term (ie parameterized) Model I introduced
earlier. The Term Model has been expanded to account for different types of
goods that are subjects of a contract, and to account for other types of events
(ie actions) that are contemplated by the contract. In particular, the types of
goods are {Goods, Goodwill, LegalInstrument, LegalRight, Premises, and Service}.
The types of events for these are {Acceptance, Delivery, Payment, Reimbursement,
and Surrender). These goods and events can each be referenced within
ContractDefault, ContractExecution, ContractPerformance, ContractRenewal, and
ContractSettlement terms. I have included elements for Default terms for each of
the events, and for the set of roles mentioned in contracts {Agent, ...,
Seller}. I have included a set of elements that correspond to the components of
a payment's total amount, that is, {Charge, Discount, Escalation, Fee, and Tax}.
Terms for recurring events are specified by way of {ScheduledCharge, ...,
ScheduledTax}.

Finally, I include some items that derive from XML Schema datatypes, to which I
add others (not listed, but see the Data Consortium's DTD) that correspond to
strings of a given language, amounts of a given currency, and measurements of a
given type.

Your comments are welcomed.
John McClure

New publications by Hypergrove Engineering!
http://www.hypergrove.com/Publications/CMSADocuments.ZIP
http://www.hypergrove.com/Publications/DC200DTD.ZIP
http://www.hypergrove.com/Publications/Symbols.html
soon: Information Models for Commercial Lease Contracts

+ <AcceptanceDefaultTerm>
+ <AcceptanceEvent>
+ <AcceptanceTerm>
+ <ActualValue>