Subject: Scenario Enterprise Contract ManagementWithADR.htm

This is a most helpful document from Dr. Zoran Milosevic for the LegalXML/
Oasis  eContracts Technical Committee. It blocks out our emerging
understanding of contract mark-up elements and their purpose, context, etc.

Because the requirements include elements for a ADR clause, it is ripe to
share it with the OdrXML group and interested parties to get feedback on
whether we are on the mark. The eContract group will be discuss this with
other Requirements and Scenarios. Rolly Chambers, John Messing, Dan
Greenwood and Jim Keane are active members of both eContract and OdrXML.
Based on discussion with interested ODR providers and interested parties at
the  ABA Dispute Resolution Section meeting in San Antonio, we thought
focusing on the ADR Contract Clause itself would give some manageable focus
for the establishing a framework for OdrXML standards and how they can
interact with the larger universe of Contracts.

We would appreciate it if members of the OdrXML community could review the
linked text. To whet your appetite, here are the key elements from Zoran's
table that are associated with ADR/ODR.

Main elements
1) Dispute Resolution Clause
2) Resolution Administrator
3) Resolution Procedure

Related:
1) Effective Notice (defines method)
2) A Notice (actual communication)
3) Jurisdiction (e.g. Federal Court in the Y District of State X)
4) Governing Law (Laws of the State of X)

Information to be conveyed to ADR or ODR provider:
1) Contract Party (Names and contact information
2) Contract (Image,PDF or other Visual Presentation of a signed paper
contract)
3) Text of Relevant Clauses in Dispute

We are planning a Face to Face meeting of the OdrXML TC during the ABA
Annual Convention in August. Early Bird registration discounts expire on May
30.

Give us your feedback and thoughts, and stay tuned...

Jim Keane + Debi Miller-Moore