Subject: XForms (was Re: [legalxml-econtracts] Structural Markup Model RecommendationsReport)

Hello John

Thanks for your kind words

Re XForms, just wanted to flag that i think XForms offers quite a
compelling model for how we might relate the actual words of the
contract (our structural aka clause model) to the extra non-structural
stuff we might want to say about it.

XForms suggests a user choose a non-structural schema which suits
his/her problem domain (think real estate, construction, sale of goods,
banking or whatever), and relate slots in that schema to the words of
the contract via XPath "bindings".

Very flexible and very powerful - I think we should explore this further
as a possible solution to an important part of our non-structural
requirements.

FYI, Infopath and Adobe's XML/PDF forms solution employ a similar idea.

cheers,

Jason