Subject: Re: [legalxml-econtracts] The Clause Model

John,

The <text> element is intended to be displayed as a block, unless it is
used in an Item which is inside a <text> element (ie in an inline list).

So, where you'd expect to find <span> is in the content model for <text>.

I'd expect <span> functionality to be added (maybe called "Phrase"?)
when we flesh out the basic model.

This would work where <text> was used in a top level Item, in an
block-list/sub-clause Item, or an inline-list Item.

cheers,

Jason