Subject: RE: [legalxml-econtracts] grammatical paras necessary for "linking and retrieval mechanisms"?

Jason,
I said for "linking and retrieval mechanisms" because if a link is to be made to
a trailing fragment of a grammatical paragraph, using a logical XP expression
that does not rely on id-lookup, then that fragment needs to exist physically as
a part of that grammatical paragraph. In the simple para model, the xpath
expression to that fragment simply cannot be stated without using #id. That's
the flaw of the simple para model: it does not encapsulate content as one might
normally expect, and hence it's not possible to reference the data logically --
you're left with #id references, which I find unacceptable for previosuly-stated
reasons.

As for retrieval mechanisms, if I want to retrieve the entire grammatical
paragraph, that's simply not possible with the simple paragraph model because
one can't know apriori the extent of SIBLING elements that are to be retrieved
as part of the grammatical paragraph that is to be retrieved.

Hope that helps. Anyway, attached is a start of a module definition for the four
elements that I've mentioned.

<!-- LegalXML Element Structure

            <legal:instrument>
               <section/>
               <legal:layout/>
               <legal:attachment/>
            </legal:instrument>

     To do:
        (a) insert instrument, attachment, and layout into %body.content;
        (b) insert signature into %inline.content;
-->

s/leave_workgroup.php.

legalxml-instrument-1.mod