Subject: 7/22 XHTML 2.0 WD Released

ANNOUNCEMENT
================
XHTML 2.0 WD released yesterday: see
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xhtml2-20040722/

Zoran,
Yes, the Word version sent 5 hrs later can be ignored, in favor of the
eContracts version I posted. In fact, I suggest that the TC/SC resolve that the
document be published using the eContracts markup proposed by the report !

Regarding its rendering by IE, I have now remembered that the .xhtml file
extension causes IE to render it as an XHTML stream but, because it uses XHTML
renaming the file with the .xml extension wakes it up, so I will be able to
publish the next (final?) version so that it can be displayed by IE with no
problems. The "lame CSS support" I spoke of concerned its support of
attribute-related CSS selectors -- workarounds are indeed possible.

I do understand the other issue you're raising == where to put any markup about
the semantics of the contract == but with your permission, let's defer that
discussion until we've studied the W3C's latest WD.

Regards,
John

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/legalxml-econtracts/members/leave_w
orkgroup.php.