Subject: RE: [legalxml-econtracts] XHTML 2.0 issues

In my experience, Peter is correct about a mixed paper and electronic
environment. I think for an extended period, even where processes are
"purely" electronic, a digitized representation of a manual signature
will be expected to appear on printed version of an electronic
original. Without it, some people will not trust the contract, even if
the authentic signature is electronic. Therefore, I support the
signature block notion, including the signature line.