Subject: OASIS Legal XML eNotary TC Meeting

Hello,

As your newly designated chair, this is my first official email. I'm filling some big shoes, and I'm grateful to John Messing for his (continued) dedication to this group.

I am writing now to confirm the level of interest in a F2F meeting at the upcoming OASIS Symposium in New Orleans, Apr 27-29.

http://www.oasis-open.org/events/symposium_2005/tc_meetings.php

I am hopeful that we can meet to discuss and move forward with our agreed upon work products. In addition, I think we could look to align our work with the other TCs. In the coming week or two, I will begin charting more specific timelines and sharing draft documents with this group.

In addition, we still have space available for us to meet in June at the National Notary Association's National Conference in Las Vegas. The NNA will be hosting a special Forum on eApostilles with the Hague and the International Union of Latin Notariats, so I think the meeting will be quite productive for us.

If you could let me know whether you'll be at the symposium, I'll reserve space accordingly.

Thanks and take care,
Richard Hansberger
National Notary Association