Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] Notice of Approval of IPR Transition (not yet)

Thank you for pointing this out and for the clarification. Please consider
the recent TC vote to be the TC's IPR "Transition Request." The staff's
assistance in setting up and managing the "transition approval ballot" will
be welcome.

Regards,

Rolly Chambers

-----Original Message-----
From: James Bryce Clark [mailto:jamie.clark@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 1:39 PM
To: rolly.chambers@tprr.com
Cc: legalxml-enotary@lists.oasis-open.org; Mary McRae
Subject: Re: [legalxml-enotary] Notice of Approval of IPR Transition (not
yet)

    Colleagues:  As we discussed at today's meeting, under our policy
for IPR Transitions [1], this vote can be the TC's decision to elect a
mode (which the policy calls the "Transition Request"), but cannot be
the final "Transition Approval Ballot".  That latter ballot must be run
by OASIS staff, and involves the additional step of involving the OASIS
organizational primary reps for each TC member who is not an individual
OASIS member.
   With this note, I am referring this to our Manager of TC
Administration, my colleague Mary McRae, for action.  When she re-opens
a new ballot, we will be happy to help you explain and interpret the
transition and the policy to any of your "primary reps", if they have
questions or concerns.
    Kind regards  Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ Director of Standards Development, OASIS
~ jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/ipr_transition_policy.php
See also the FAQ at
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/transition_faq.php