Subject: RE: [legalxml-enotary] [FWD: FW: NASS re S. 2083 Interstate Recognition of Notarization Act]

I think the solution for the S. 2083 situation may be very easy. It
could just simply be to  have the cryptographic signatures include the
notary certificate information. I.e, the signature covers those
elements' values so that they cannot be changed without tampering being
cryptographically evident.

With regard to authentication, which was covered in the other email,
both the symmetric and the proxy signature profiles require some kind of
authentication of the signer to get to the signing key, so it might not
be too much of a leap to include some kind of plumbing or direction to
suggest or provide extensions for the notary authentication as notary
piece.

two cents worth.