Subject: Experimental DRAFT7 of ENML 1.0

Hello everyone,

I realize some of you must be wading through the ENML Specification
for tomorrow's meeting.  I can only imagine how everyone must feel
reading it. :-)

While I don't want to add to your burden before tomorrow's meeting,
I did have a thought this morning and wanted to put something together
before discussing it in tomorrow's TC meeting. (time-permitting)

By adding a couple of elements and using all the currently defined
elements in ENML, it was possible for me to create an XSD for an
<ApostillizedDocument> that satisfies the requirements of the 1961
Hague Convention on Apostilles (at least, based on what I found in
sample apostilles on the internet), for certifying ENML-based
<NotarizedDocuments> and <WitnessedDocuments> in XML.

It seemed to me, that if we standardize documents for eNotarization
and eWitnessing, the next logical step would be to create the schema
for eApostilles.  The effort to do so was so miniscule that it didn't
make sense to wait for ENML 1.0 to be standardized first to include
this new element in the specification.

I have uploaded an experimental XSD and a sample instance of an
apostille using this new element for your review:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=30075&wg_abbrev=legalxml-enotary

If we have time tomorrow, I'd like to get your thoughts on whether
it makes sense to include it in ENML 1.0 or leave it out until we
standardize and gain adoption of ENML first.

Regards,

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.