Subject: Re: [legalxml-enotary] Restated IPR Disclosure Statement of John Messing

Hi John,

The IPR statement has been posted to the appropriate web page for the
TC (http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/legalxml-enotary/ipr.php),
and has the public notice effect intended by the OASIS IPR Policy.
However, our policy also provides in Section 14 and the Notice
language in all specifications, that OASIS takes no position or
liability regarding the contents of those statements. OASIS does not,
and a TC cannot, take positions about licensing or rights in any other
way than the IPR Policy allows, which is to adopt one of our approved
'Modes' in its charter.

Section 2.17 of the OASIS TC Process requires TCs to follow those
modes, and also says: "The TC shall make no formal decision with
regard to the applicability or validity of an IPR disclosure." These
rules have been in place in this form since at least 2005.

So, as the Administrator of those rules, I'm required to rule against
any TC resolution about licenses or patents, including this one, as
out of scope. That's a separate issue from your disclosure statement
as a person claiming rights, which we've duly posted.

You may appeal my decision about the TC's resolution, if you like, as
specified in Section 4.2 of the TC Process.

Regards,

Mary

Mary P McRae
Director, Technical Committee Administration
email: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org
web: www.oasis-open.org
twitter: fiberartisan  #oasisopen
phone: 1.603.232.9090