legalxml-intercept message

Subject: [legalxml-intercept] ramping up LI-XML activity

Dear Legalxml-intercept participants,

The activity has been purposely subdued for
the past several weeks to allow the publicity
and other forms of networking to expand the
participants in the effort.

There was significant coverage of this activity
several weeks ago in both trade and popular
press extending geographically to Australia.
As a result, we now have nearly 40 participants.

In several cases, the new participants pointed
to major related efforts underway.  Perhaps the
most significant is the Georgia Tech based XML
Structure Task Force (XSTF) for global justice
systems, and we look forward with liaison to
XSTF through Paul Embley.

The startup has also been affected by the
inability of a number of participants to get
added to the official list.  This and future
messages will be posted through the official
legalxml-intercept list at oasis-open.org,
and embellished by the 15 additional
participants who contacted me to participate,
and who are not yet on the list.

ACTION ITEMS:

1.  Please review the attached slides which
explain and detail the work of this Technical
Committee.  This material was recently presented
to the ABA's Information Security Committee with
substantial interest and support.

2.  Please complete and return to me the
questionnaire below, which will be used to
structure the deliverable schedule as well as
place people on the associated working groups.
The "importance level" relates to deliverable
schedule, and "my level" indicates the time
you are willing to devote to the effort.
Work will largely be done through working groups.
A high level of personal effort (e.g., 10)
indicates you would be willing to chair a working
group.

3.  Consider your availability for a teleconference
call tentatively 11 AM Eastern US Time (GMT-5)
and place some indication of your participation
on the return questionnaire.

thanks for your interest,
tony

-------------------snip-------------------------

LI-XML Deliverables Questionnaire
--------------------------------
key: 10=highest; 1=lowest

   Global framework
   Importance level ___; My level of effort __

   Global Object Dictionary
   Importance level ___; My level of effort __

   Tag & Bag Schema
   Importance level ___; My level of effort __

   Initial Information Discovery
   Importance level ___; My level of effort __

   Review of Communication Records
   Importance level ___; My level of effort __

   Judicial or Administrative Orders
   Importance level ___; My level of effort __

   Interception & Delivery of Signalling or Content
   Importance level ___; My level of effort __

   Authentication and Verification
   Importance level ___; My level of effort __

   Intercept Statistical Reporting
   Importance level ___; My level of effort __

I can participate in the next legal-xml teleconference,
tentatively 11 AM Eastern US Time (GMT-5)  _____

Return to:  <trutkowski@verisign.com>