legalxml-intjustice message

Subject: Face-to-Face Follow-up: Integrated Justice Technical Committee, LegalXML, OASIS

Greetings,

We had a very productive meeting of the IJTC in Seattle, WA, on September
15, 2003. We are preparing minutes of the meeting, as well as a list of
participants, and will post this to the OASIS website shortly.

Of particular interest, the IJTC needs to identify two candidates for
broader participation and leadership:

1. Each Technical Committee needs to appoint one member as a representative
of the TC to the LegalXML Steering Committee. I invite all members to
indicate their willingness to serve in this capacity or to nominate another
member to serve. At our meeting last week, Mr. James E. Cabral, MTG,
indicated his interest in serving in this capacity, but we did want to
extend the invitation to all members of the TC, regardless of your
attendance at last week's face-to-face. Please send me an e-mail expressing
your interest or nomination by close of business Wednesday, October 1, 2003.

2. Vice-Chair/Co-Chair of the Technical Committee. In order to keep the TC
dynamic and progressive, we discussed the need to establish a governance
policy that would enable the leadership to change and evolve. Members
attending the face-to-face meeting last week expressed agreement with
development of a formal governance procedure, and I will be submitting a
draft to the TC for review in the near future. Members were also asked to
indicate their interest in serving as Vice-Chair or Co-Chair of the TC, or
to nominate another member to do so. There was some interest expressed,
though participants wanted the opportunity to review their schedules before
making any commitments. I invite all members to indicate their willingness
to serve in this capacity or to nominate another member to serve. Please
send me an e-mail expressing your interest or nomination by close of
business Wednesday, October 1, 2003.

Telephone Conference Schedule:
We have selected two dates for telephone conference calls for the full TC.
Wednesday, October 15, 2003 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern, and
Wednesday, November 12, 2003 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern.
We will shortly post information regarding the telephone number and access
codes (if any) for these calls, as well as an agenda for the calls.
In addition, we also discussed hosting another face-to-face meeting in
December 2003, perhaps in conjunction with another organization's meeting.
We will keep you posted as the logistics for this meeting becomes more firm.
Please feel free to share your thoughts (regarding date, location, agenda,
etc.) with me as we prepare.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions

Sincerely,

Dave

David J. Roberts
Director, Integrated Justice Programs
J&PS   Global Industries   Public Sector
unisys
2870 Gateway Oaks, Suite 230
Sacramento, California 95833
916.646.5216/Fax 916.646.5333