legalxml-intjustice message

Subject: RE: [legalxml-intjustice] Web Meeting and Call In information for OASIS LegalXML Integrated Justice MNDR & Checkpoint - June 28, 2005 - 10AM PST, 1PM EST

Thanks, Paul.  This is very helpful.

Bullet #3 on slide #3, and bullet #3 on slide #4, are an indication of where the boundary might be.  If taken literally, then I think there is little overlap between our effort and theirs.

Hopefully, the requested description will sharpen things even further.  In our effort, we've consciously avoided building NDRs for the GJXDM vocabulary itself, focusing instead on methodology, naming, and design rules for IEPDs (nee Exchange Documents) **built from** the vocabulary (even though the UBL and Navy NDRs blur these goals.)  There is still a critical need for the vocabulary NDRs...hopefully that's what will emerge from XSTF.  Then there will be nice synergy and complimentarity (if that's a word) between the two documents.  The vocabulary NDRs could precisely and formally define the architecture, style, and design of GJXDM, which would tell users what to expect from current and future versions of GJXDM.  The IEPD MNDRs will show users a path to construction of interoperable, sharable, and reusable IEPDs.  Complimentary--but different--use cases.

Thanks.
--Scott