legalxml-ms message

Subject: RE: [legalxml-ms] LegalXML specifications

Please permit me a few additions to what Mr. Greacen has correctly
stated.

There is no "current open-source 'Legalxml' markup language." There are
LegalXML Open Standards, which are schemas (and in perhaps some cases
dtd's) that can be used with programming languages to create
permissibly either proprietary or open source software.

The Standards allow software developers to create tools and applications
that are interoperable and enable similar or parallel API's.

If you are looking for open source software and tools, you are not in
the right place. If you wish to help develop the standards around which
such tools can be built, then you are most welcome to join our
organization.

Thank you.

Best regards.

John Messing