materials message

Subject: Proposed MatML Technical Committee meeting to approve schema as committee draft.

Hello fellow MatML Technical Committee members,

We need to meet via telecon to vote to approve the current MatML Schema
as a Committee Draft to submit it for public review -- so it can become
a Public Review Draft.

This requires a majority vote from the voting members of our MatML
Technical Committee.

Please let me know if any of the following dates/times are inconvenient
for you to participate in a telecon. Participants will be calling in to
ASM -- and instructions will follow after a convenient time is
determined.

Tuesday, May 9
Thursday May 11
Friday May 12

At either of the following times:
9 am PST/12 noon EST/5 pm GMT
10 am PST/1 pm EST/ 6 pm GMT

FYI, here's the section of the guidelines that governs public review in
the spec standardization process.
Public Review

Before the TC can approve its Committee Draft as a Committee
Specification the TC must conduct a public review of the work. The
decision by the TC to submit the specification for public review
requires a Full Majority Vote. The Committee Draft approved to go to
review shall be called a Public Review Draft....
I know this is a bit of short notice, but I think we can move through
this vote quickly.

Please let me know if you have questions or etc.

Regards,
Sally Fahrenholz-Mann
ASM International

Three great events are coming to Seattle, May 15-18! Join us for ASM AeroMat 2006, the ASM International Surface Engineering Congress & Exposition and the International Thermal Spray Conference & Exposition (ITSC, sponsored by the ASM Thermal Spray Society, DVS and IIW). One registration fee gives you access to an extraordinary learning and networking experience! For details: http://www.asminternational.org/seattle.