materials message

Subject: MatML Public Review Draft

Hi Mary,

We need to review the status of the MatML Committee Draft we voted to
submit for public review on June 6. Can you give us an update on when
Oasis may be releasing the spec for public review?

Status from the committee end is that we've sent OASIS the current copy
of the spec and are waiting to see it submitted for review. Please let
us know if there's anything additional that needs to be completed at the
committee level to effect its release for public review.

In the meantime, we will address the IPR issue that was raised recently
and review the options and voting procedure.

Regards,
Sally

Sally Fahrenholz-Mann
Electronic Publications Manager
sally.fahrenholz-mann@asminternational.org

Voice: 440-338-5151 X5653                       FAX: 440-338-8542
ASM International                    www.asminternational.org

Nano Medicine Summit coming to Cleveland
The Cleveland Clinic, ASM International and the Nano-Network will host the Materials, Medicine, and Nanotechnology Summit, October 2-5, 2006. The event is comprised of the biennial Cleveland Clinic NanoMedicine Summit and ASM's annual Materials & Processes for Medical Devices (MPMD) Conference and Exposition. For details, visit: www.nanomedicinesummit.org.

MS&T 2006 your single event for materials technologies
It's the most comprehensive forum for materials science and engineering technologies -- and it's coming to Cincinnati, October 15-19. MS&T crosses the boundaries of most materials events by bringing together the strengths of four major materials organizations: ASM International, ACerS (The American Ceramic Society), AIST (Association for Iron & Steel Technology), and TMS (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society). For details, visit: www.matscitech.org.