mqtt-comment message

Subject: MQTT5 Spec Issue

Hi,

I believe there is a mistake in the MQTT5 spec that you guys haveÂhere.

Under "3.3.1.3 RETAIN", it states

ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂIf Retain Handling is set to 1 then if the subscription did not already exist, the Server MUST send all retained message matching the Topic Filter of the subscription to the Client, and if the subscription did exist the Server MUST NOT send the retained messages.Â[MQTT-3.3.1-10].

Here'sÂa link to this text.

However, at theÂbottom of the pageÂwhere [MQTT-3.3.1-10] is specified, it says

"If Retain Handling is set to 1 then if the subscription did already exist, the Server MUST send all retained message matching the Topic Filter of the subscription to the Client, and if the subscription did not exist, the Server MUST NOT send the retained messages"

It seems like the description of [MQTT-3.3.1-10] is incorrect and specifies theÂoppositeÂof the desired behavior. Let me know if my interpretation is correct. If this is truly an error, I think it would be great if you guys could update the spec page.

Thanks,
Matthew Walowski