oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: Fw: [oasis-charter-discuss] New issue: integration between SCA and OSGI

Jeff,

Thank you for the observation. Given the start of the Enterprise Expert Group at OSGi, it would seem sensible to cover future dependency requirements for improved OSGi integration within scope of the SCA-J TC. If OSGi were to produce a C++ specification, such a scope addition would seem sensible for SCA-C++ also.

Hence, we propose the following words to the two charters:

The TC MAY address the following work areas. Before work commences on any of the above work items, the TC Charter MUST be clarified (by following the TC Charter Clarification rules defined in the OASIS Technical Committee Process document) to scope each of these work items.
(For the SCA-J charter):
Integration of SCA with OSGi including packaging and deployment of SCA related artifacts in an OSGi environment; use of OSGi to deploy and manage SCA artifacts; use of SCA services from OSGi services, use of OSGi service from SCA services, integration with OSGi registry and definition of required metadata for such integration.
(For the SCA-C-C++ charter):
Should the OSGi community produce a specification for C++, then: Integration of SCA with OSGi including packaging and deployment of SCA related artifacts in an OSGi environment; use of OSGi to deploy and manage SCA artifacts; use of SCA services from OSGi services, use of OSGi service from SCA services, integration with OSGi registry and definition of required metadata for such integration.

Graham J Barber,

Program Director, SOA Partnerships,
     Graham_Barber@uk.ibm.com
     Graham Barber@IBMGB
Phone:
Internal:                                245702,  External: +44 (0)1962 815702
Secretary (Yulia):          247672,                    +44 (0)1962 817672
Cellphone (Worldwide):                                    +44 (0)7880 734005

----- Forwarded by Graham Barber/UK/IBM on 17/07/2007 13:35 -----

Jeff Mischkinsky <jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com> wrote on 16/07/2007 21:12:29:

> Hi,
>     I was wondering if the group had considered some
> activities/work
> around integration of SCA and OSGI; at least putting it inscope to
> allow TC(s) to work on the topic if there is sufficient interest.
>
>     cheers,
>    jeff
>
> --
> Jeff Mischkinsky                         jeff.mischkinsky@oracle.com
> Director, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Web Services
> Standards   +1(650)
> 506-1975
> Consulting Member Technical Staff                    500
> Oracle Parkway, M/
> S 4OP9
> Oracle                        Redwood Shores, CA 94065

Unless stated otherwise above: