oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: Re: [oasis-charter-discuss] Re: Proposed Charter for OASIS SET TC

I agree they are different yet complementary . As in-

XDI is focused on metadata that specifies
  • Defining bindings of this abstract API to concrete transport protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, SIP, and XMPP, and to invocation protocols such as SOAP, REST, and RMI.
  • Defining the semantics of XDI dictionaries — self-describing ontologies for use in XDI data sharing.
  • Defining the semantics of XDI link contracts — XDI documents used to govern the terms of XDI data sharing relationships.

    Whereas :
    SET is focused on metadata for artifacts that support use of data being shared

    SET UBL / CCTS Ontology is for data content within that domain

    As an aside - I am quite interested to know where XDI dovetails with the work of the SDO TC

    cheers
    carl