oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: Re: [oasis-charter-discuss] Proposed charter for OASIS DITA Adoption TC

Hello Kristen & all.
We generally encourage new projects and coalitions, including those
from new members.  Often a novel proposal will bring in a number of
stakeholders that were not previously OASIS members.  So, if the
minimum number of *current* members vouch for a valid charter
proposal, we also permit and encourage the inclusion of additional
persons who've indicated an intent to join.

 From the rules viewpoint, they are surplus;  from the
coalition-building viewpoint, valuable.  Of course, they must
complete their joining process in time, in order to attend the TC as
a member when it launches.  I do not know the specific facts of this
case, but I hope this general comment is informative.  Kind regards
  Jamie

~ James Bryce Clark
~ Director of Standards Development, OASIS
~ http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#clark