oasis-charter-discuss message

Subject: Fwd: Notes from XMILE convener call

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Subject: Notes from XMILE convener call
To: Karim Chichakly <karimc17@gmail.com>
Cc: Steven Adler <adler1@us.ibm.com>, Joanne Egner <jegner@iseesystems.com>, pra@us.ibm.com, alianjun@us.ibm.com, ghoshs@us.ibm.com, Carol Geyer <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org>, Dee Schur <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>, Robin Cover <robin@oasis-open.org>

We held the convener call for the XMILE TC today at 9:00 am EDT.

On the call were Karim and Joanne for the proposers, Chet, Robin, Carol and Dee for OASIS.

We discussed the timeline for events going forward and the facilities that will be in place:

- Call for Participation, 8 June 2013. TC internal web page, public web page and mailing list will be ready at that time.
- Reminder of deadline to join TC to OASIS members, 12 July 2013
- Call for nominations for chair, 16 July 2013
- List of eligible voters at first meeting to mailing list, 18 July 2013
- First meeting, 24 July 2013

We clarified that the TC can elect 2 co-chairs. We also discussed the possibility of electing a Secretary and appointing editors at the first meeting.

We clarified that no substantive discussions or contributions can occur on the mailing list prior to the first meeting. Only communications dealing with the logistics of starting the TC and other non-substantive discussions can happen.

We discussed membership options and how the System Dynamics Society might join and participate. Carol and Dee will work with the conveners to promote the work and participation in the TC.

Carol discussed efforts that OASIS will take to promote the TC. We discussed holding a webinar ahead of the first meeting to inform interested people about the work. Karim and Joanne said that they also plan to hold an informal information session at the System Dynamics Conference ahead of the first meeting.

The next steps are:

- Karim will officially submit the final charter;

- Chet will circulate the Call for Participation.

If I missed anything, please feel free to add / amend these notes.

Thanks to all!

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org