oasis-member-discuss message

Subject: RE: [oasis-member-discuss] Fw: [chairs] Possible change to TC votingrules - input requested

> The actions under evaluation at this time include:
> (a) leaving the rules as currently written; (b) capping the total number
> of votes that may be cast by TC members from a single organization to 1,
> 2 or 3; (c) capping the total number of votes that may be cast by TC
> members from a single organization based on membership level."

I like option (b) best as it levels the playing field between large
organizations and smaller ones.
I think the cap for option b should be 1 because any other number seems
arbitrary and favors
larger organizations. As for reducing participation, if an org is
participating with more people just to stack the votes
rather than to contribute then reduced participation is a solution not a
problem :-)

The next best option to me is (a). As folks have mentioned the current
policy works most of the time.

I think (c) is least desirable because it favors organizations with
deeper pockets.

Thank you for the open discussion of this important point.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com