obix-map message

Subject: oBIX Road-maps

After consulting with the oBIX secretary, I have unilaterally decided that the perviouslyt nebulously-defined "Roadmap & Deliverables" committee is actually a steering committee consisting of the chairs of all the subcommittees of oBIX.

Because he had requested it, and because we have no policies on this until our first meeting, Kirk (from CABA) is on board as an observer.

If nothing else, this provides us for an email list for discussions among the chairs. I would also like to nail down a half hour some time soon when we might get on the phone and discuss where we are, are we doing the right things, and how brutally frank you all can be at telling me how to better spend my time.

It seems that the 11:00 Easter time sits pretty well across the time zones we have, although I do not know if we have any Pacific Time on this group; if not we can go earlier.  We cannot go later w/o punishing Europe.

When can we get together.  Some issues include

- How are we different than MIMOSA
- What are we doing to avoid collision w/ BACNET
- How should we respond to the IFC objects and the GSA mandate (D1 Q1 Federal 06) behind them?
- Are we doing the right stuff?

And so on.

Tuesday, I will be out of pocket all day in DC speaking at APPA and eGov.  Any other day is fine by me.

tc