obix-map message

Subject: Groups - Roadmap Committee Telecon added

Roadmap Committee Telecon has been added by Toby Considine (toby.considine@fac.unc.edu).

Date:  Tuesday, 16 November 2004
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm Eastern Time

Event Description:
(919) 962-2719

Agenda:
With recent developments, and Builconn Europe past, we need to talk to plan
a stategy for keeping oBIX in the public eye and managing the next set of
deliverables.

The 0.5 release of the specification is an important milepost, as at last
there is something that one can put your arms around.

(oBIX v0.5). If you have not read it, and you are
receiving this email, then you should do so.

We have some hints that as many as 4 oBIX implimentations *could* be
available at BuilConn.  This would be an extraordinary coup if achieved. The
possible mix today includes two BAS companies, one Power company, and an
open source implimentation. Do we want to put a stake in the ground and
announce this?  What do we have to do to get to the point where we can
comfortably do so? How do we recruit more participants for the oBIX
bake-off?

The next function that is coming up, with the bare bones of oBIX in place,
is the schema.  In part, this is tied to my long-term rants on IFC, AECXML,
and GBXML.  AEXML would clearly be another candidate to allign with.
Harmonization with any schema for OPC coming out of the MIMOSA effort might
be on the field as well.  I would like to discuss how we should approach
SCHEMA, to provide guidance for the XML group.

Finally, there is publicity and buzz. We have not managed either recently. I
would like to invite some frank conversations about that.

Discussion about Recruiting efforts

Minutes:

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/obix-map/event.php?event_id=6349

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.