obix-req message

Subject: oBIX for Control Centers

 From my machine room/control center manager. . .

tc

-----Original Message-----
From: RC Teal [mailto:rcteal@email.unc.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 9:07 PM
To: Considine, Toby (Facilities Technology Office)
Subject: Re: XML, SOAP and Control Centers

I can think of a multitude of use cases from a machine room facility
management viewpoint.

- Diesel consumption rate indicators to allow me to accurately predict
critical timing

- Chilled water bridge reporting and flow velocity rate to allow me to know
exactly when a rise will hit my system, and control valves setup to prevent
it.

- power demand reporting on each phase to ensure that dual power supply
systems can continue to run if a phase problem occurs.

- Differential floor pressure indicators could help prevent hot spots and
help ensure constant temp in machine room

- Humidity sensors tied into access systems could prevent entry if humidity
levels went below safe operating levels

I could think of many more......

Take care,

-- rc