Subject: oBIX Successes and Visibility

A portion of today’s meeting discussed the variance between the perception by some that oBIX has fallen off the edge of the earth and some notable success by oBIX in the last year. I am writing to ask for contact on the projects I know, and information about projects I do not.

These include:

66 oBIX buildings as part of the all-WS integration of buildings in the Enterprise Building Management System (EBMS) at UNC. I know the contact for this.

The Dubai Airport.

Reported use for whole districts of mixed use new  buildings in Chinese cities.

The Olympic stadium, the Olympic Village, and all street lighting in the Olympic District. I have the technical contact on this one, but he is pretty close-mouthed. I would like any details I can share.

Other large projects, Anyone?

tc

"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root." -- David Thoreau

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina