Subject: Poll on time for oBIX Open Forum

Numerous people have pointed out to me that I should not attempt to schedule this on short notice, in the two weeks before US Labor Day. The poll has been updated to consider the two weeks *after* Labor Day.

The link below is to find a potential time for on OASIS Open Forum for oBIX. Under OASIS procedures, non-members may participate in Open Forums while they cannot participate in meetings. The proposed times are over the next two weeks, beginning on Tuesday.

http://www.doodle.com/q4qytmbmsycq4eug

The purpose of the Open Forum is to develop a consensus on next steps for oBIX. In the recent months, I have received requests for clarifications on scheduling, on ontologies (as defined in the open source OX server) , and on smart energy. We have new members who joined to work on new issues.  A DOE / NREL report issued in late Spring discussed potential standard contracts as part of commissioning.

-          Do we incorporate WS-Calendar, now an OASIS Specification into the core oBIX Specification?

-          Do we put Ontologies in the core spec or in a separate Profile. If a separate Profile, is that Profile normative?

-          Does oBIX require specific extensions for Smart Energy?

-          Metering – a high profile intersection of Ontology and Smart Energy

Share this link with all those that you think should attend. And those who signed up already should touch it again.

Thanks

tc

“The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
– George Bernard Shaw.

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

TC Editor: EMIX, EnergyInterop

U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com/
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com