Subject: Obix 8/22 Liaisons and Alliances

As promised, on 8/22 Jamie Clarke, legal counsel for OASIS and long-time standards maven will join our meeting (11:00 AM EDT) to answer our questions about liaisons and alliances, with a focus on the de jure standards development organizations.

This conversation started based on a liaison inquiry statement from relatively new SWG5 of ISO/IEC JTC1, indicating their interest in standards cooperation on Internet of Things (IoT) projects and information.  Several members on the call at a previous meeting discussed to other subcommittees we might want to ally with. Each of us, though, needs to understand what such an alliance means for our work.

Since then, I have also been asked about alliance with IEEE and with trade alliances.

Please come to this meeting with your questions ready. Jamie is an excellent resource and we should take maximum advantage of his presence while we have him.

tc

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -- Benjamin Franklin

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com