ocpp message

Subject: OCPP: Signed MeterValues

Hi Stephan, Brendan and Kor,

During the Face-to-face meeting in LA, Stephan raised this point.
We need a way to transport Signed Meter Values.

OCPP 1.5 already has the possibility for signed meter values.
See OCPP 1.6 spec: Page 105, Par 7.43 SampledValue. By setting the field "format" to "signed".

But, Stephan also noted that we need to transport more than just the signed meter value.
We also needed some information from the meter itself.

Stephan, could give some input on this?

Depending on the information we might need to extend to MeterValue message (dynamic information)
or if more static we have to ensure that the Device Model can present this information, maybe even write a bit more
on how this can be implemented.

(I'm also addressing this e-mail to Kor, I remember him having input for this as well, and Brendan, because I know he always had interest/input for signed meter values in OCPP)

See issue:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OCPP-94

Kind regards,
Robert de Leeuw