ocpp message

Subject: Fwd: [pmrm] Groups - Draft Use Case for PMRM PMA Open Source Tool uploaded

Members of the OCPP TC - I am forwarding this on behalf of John Sabo.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: "John.Annapolis Verizon" <john.annapolis@verizon.net>
Date: December 7, 2016 at 8:16:01 PM EST
Cc: Gershon Janssen <gershon@qroot.com>

Chet, OCPP TC Members:

Chet thank you for connecting our work with the OCPP TC.

The PMRM TC balloted the Privacy Management Reference Model and Methodology Committee Specification 02 in May 2016, and one of our new initiatives is to develop an open source tool that would enable privacy practitioners to more easily follow the methodology, import data for each of the normative tasks in the PMRM, and be able to display the data flows, controls, functionality etc. that would deliver operational privacy in systems and applications. The PMRM's privacy analysis methodology is applicable to any system or application that involves personal information.

We have planned an initial series of rapid development sprints with the help of a software engineer who is a member of the TC, and this required an initial use case/user story.  And so this EV Charging use case (user story) is an attempt to develop a baseline use case that will enable the developer to build the specification for an open source tool.   This would allow practitioners to integrate data and put together a complete Privacy Management Analysis (PMA) as specified in the PMRM.

Although the EV charging use case was not necessarily intended to reflect an actual implementation, we would like it to be as realistic as possible while keeping the use case fairly simple and of course interesting.  Again, its primary purpose is to expose data protection/privacy issues relevant to the PMRM allowing us to develop our PMA tool.

I hope this background information is helpful, and please let me know if you are interested in our PMRM PMA toolset initiative.  I would be happy to discuss the PMRM at one of your TC meetings if there is any interest.

Best regards,

John Sabo
Chair, PMRM TC