Subject: RE: FW: [odf-adoption] OpenDocument compliance/conformance--logo

I like the outreach idea, but my experiences with logo design
competitions have not been good.

Why would we want to create a totally new look, when we have a brand
established--one that takes advantage of ODF's connection to an
internationally recognized open standards organization and reinforces
ODF's status as an approved OASIS Standard? The design here is simple
enough to be adapted to a conformance badge, although we may want to
discuss whether to build branding around "OpenDocument" or "ODF".

Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Carrera [mailto:daniel.carrera@zmsl.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:17 PM
To: odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: FW: [odf-adoption] OpenDocument
compliance/conformance--logo

Carol Geyer wrote:
> FYI, we do have an OpenDocument OASIS Standard logo. See
> http://www.cafepress.com/oasis_open/622258.
>
> If the Committee intends to produce a conformance badge of some sort
> (pending that definition), it would make sense to work this logo into
> that design.

I have another idea. Instead of us designing a logo, let's have a
competition and let the main TC pick. The competition itself would be a
useful out-reach opportunity. More people would get to hear about the
logo sooner and we'd probably end up with a better logo.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
      /\/`) http://opendocumentfellowship.org