Subject: Uploaded English and French white paper

Dear TC members,

I uploaded the English and French white paper:

English
-------
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21450/oasis_odf_advantages_10dec2006.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21449/oasis_odf_advantages_10dec2006.odt

French
------
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21452/oasis_odf_advantages_fr_10dec2006.pdf
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/21451/oasis_odf_advantages_fr_10dec2006.odt

If I don't hear any objections until Tuesday (December 12), I will also
add links to the white papers to the "Technical Work Produced by the
Committee" section of the TC home page:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=odf-adoption#technical

In addition, I will put a link on opendocument.xml.org.

Thank you very much to all who contributed to the two white papers!

We now finally have a first version of the two documents out, which
feels great. Nevertheless, we will have to make updates quite
frequently, I guess. For example, J. David suggested to add a summary
like the following one to the end of the document:

"The OpenDocument Format is vendor-neutral and free of license and
patent encumbrances. Based on XML, it re-uses existing standards
wherever possible. OpenDocument Format files are supported by multiple
applications from multiple vendors.  These advantages make OpenDocument
Format the clear choice to ensure that your documents truly belong to
you for the long term, rather than being tied to a single vendor or
application."

First, what do you think about the summary idea? Second, what do you
think about the suggested wording?

Thanks,
Erwin