Subject: 'Open by Design (redux)' for Novatica and Upgrade Publication

Dear ODF Adoption TC,

I took the liberty of extending Erwin's excellent paper with content from the 'Opportunities for Innovations' paper, additional content from the ODF specification itself, and some content from Rob. I hope I didn't create a 'Frankenstein', so I'll leave it to you to judge. The goal was to create more of monograph that covers the basics (Erwin did that very nicely), adds some additional technical information and updates for the Sub Committee work, and ends with some of the forward looking information as presented in the 'innovations' paper. I couldn't resist adding Rob's 'Twenty Things You Can Do with ODF'...since they are so straightforward and easily understood.

We have until Wed., 12/20 to submit this, an extension from today.

Erwin, since you will be hosting on Tues., 12/19, can you please add this item for review, discussion and approval for publication?

thanks!

Don Harbison
Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative
Business & Technical Strategy