Subject: OASIS Symposium strawman proposals

A bit overdue, but here is my first stab at refining these two session abstracts.  Note that although I am proposing several co-speakers I have in no case confirmed with them on their attendance.  This is just my wish list based on who I know, and what I know they know.   Let's start by seeing if these fit well with the other two topics Don is working on.  If combined this starts to look like a significant ODF "happening" then travel approvals will be easier to secure.

Also, I'm trying to have overlap as much as possible in presenters on these topics in hopes of better justifying travel expenses.

-Rob

ODF Programmability (60 minute panel of short presentations)

As documents move from proprietary formats to open, extensible formats, the opportunities for programmatic creation, manipulation and information extraction are greatly enhanced.  In this session we will examine thematic modes of ODF document processing as well as four different proposed tool sets for enabling this type of programming.

Rob Weir/IBM on "An ODF Toolkit"
Florian Reuter/Novel on "The ODF InfoSet"
Michael Brauer/Sun  on "The OpenOffice.org UNO API"
Waldo Bastian/Intel on "The KOffice Kross API"

ODF Interoperability (60 minute panel of short presentations)

Interoperability is irreducibly complex.  Via a series of short presentations we will examine some of the more important dimensions of ODF interoperability and evaluate what is working well today, and what areas need more attention.

Michael Brauer/Sun or Louis Suarez-Potts on "How OpenOffice.org tests compliance with the ODF standard"  (I'm assuming there is something interesting to be said here)
Florian Reuter/Novel on "An ODF Plugin for Microsoft Office"
Lotzi Bölöni/University of Central Florida, or Waldo Bastian/Intel on "An ODF Test Suite"
Rob Weir/IBM  or J. David Eisenberg on "Internal Interoperability, ODF and XForms, SVG and MathML"