Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] Demystifying Interoperability from Microsoft

One response is that even if you stuck to an all-Microsoft IT infrastructure, their new OOXML formats have interoperability problems.  No support on Mac, or Mobile, or in Access, for example.

The define compatibility and interoperability very strangely when you dig down into it.

See  http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1260

and

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2007/03/compatibility-according-to-humpty.html

For more on that line of argument.