Subject: ODF Adoption TC Call - 25 September 2007 - Minutes

Dear TC members,

Here are my notes from our last meeting.

Best regards,
Erwin

Attendees
=========
* Marino Marcich
* J. David Eisenberg
* Dee Schur
* Alan Clark
* Charles Schulz
* Erwin Tenhumberg

Logistics
=========
Don and Rob can't attend due to an all-day meeting.
No quorum was achieved.

ODF Camp / OOoCon Recap
=======================
The ODF camp was a very good exercise, in particular considering
that it was the first time we have done one.

The plan is to have more events like the ODF Camp in Barcelona.
The ODF Adoption TC should help with gathering and defining
interoperability requirements from a user's point of view with
input from users. People from the main line TC are necessary for
coming up with technical solutions.

See also the following related blog entries:
http://www.robweir.com/blog/2007/09/openofficeorg-conference-2007.html
http://blogs.sun.com/dancer/entry/odf_camp_at_ooocon_2007

OOoCon had high registration numbers, but the attendance was relatively
low. However, the quality of the attendees and the resulting discussions
was high.
For future conferences it might be useful to add more user oriented
content to the agenda.
The relatively new extension framework in OpenOffice.org will probably
also help to attract more developers going forward.

ODF Interop Demo at XML 2007
============================
Dee talked to the organizers of XML 2007 about an ODF interop demo.
The organizers are interested in an ODF interop demo.
Dee needs the commitment from the vendors/projects and help with
the wording for the actual event/session proposal.

ODF 1.2 collateral plan
=======================
No updates

Upcoming Events
- OpenOffice.org Regional Conference in India in December
- GOSCON 2007 Portland, Oregon in October
- XML 2007, Boston, December

No additional events were added to the list.

ODF News / Round Table
No major news