Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] OpenDoc Society

On Wednesday 17 October 2007 19:24:40 Carol Geyer wrote:
> Are any of you familiar with the OpenDoc Society? It appears to be a
> new org purporting to "bring together individuals and organisations
> with a stake or interest in the openness and future of documents to
> learn from each other and share knowledge - about core technologies,
> available tools, policy issues, transition strategies, legal aspects
> and of course the latest innovations."
>
> http://www.opendocsociety.org/
>
> Is there an outreach opportunity for us here?

As they are an org that aims to be a one-stop networking-shop for
people/companies interrested in rolling out ODF, I think it makes sense
for OASIS to point to them.
The idea that companies looking for technical know-how about ODF
implementations can find those answers by asking in one discrete place
looks like a really good idea to me, and certainly a void filled.
I would appload anything we can do to make their position in the ODF
environment stronger.

Thanks
--
Thomas Zander