Subject: ODF Adoption TC Call - 27 November 2007 - Minutes

Attendees
=========
* Erwin Tenhumberg
* Don Harbison
* Charles Schulz
* Rob Weir
* Dee Schur
* Alan Clark

We achieved a quorum.

ODF 1.2 Collateral Plan
=======================
Erwin did a presentation at a e-government conference at the
Ministry of Economics in Berlin.
Erwin will make a few updates to the slide content and then transfer
the content into our existing ODF preso on the Adoption TC site in
order to update our standard ODF presentation.

The ODF TC is discussing the creation of an ODF 1.0 errata document.

ODF Logo
========
Erwin started a discussion with OASIS regarding their ideas around
a logo.
It probably makes sense to create a branding plan / strategy that
includes recommedantions about the usage of the name OpenDocument,
i.e. OpenDocument vs. Open Document.
Erwin will take a stab at it.

ISV Outreach
============
Erwin has done some thinking and wrote down a few notes regarding
an outline for an ISV white paper.
He will share the notes soon to start a more in-depth discussion.
The document should probably include a few case studies.

ODF Interop Plan
================
We probably want / need a two-prong approach, i.e. one public but not
standards developing effort and one TC/SC-level effort with an IPR
policy in place.

The forums on opendocument.xml.org can be accessed as RSS feeds but
there is no built-in email distribution mechanism.
Rob thinks that there is a public mail-RSS-feed service which could
fill the gap.

The interop efforts are similar to accessibility SC work, e.g. with
respect to the inclusion of individual experts.

Rob will write up a short plan.
Non-OASIS participation should be possible.

XML 2007, Boston, December
There will be a Microsoft-sponsored interop track.
Miguel de Icaza will represent ODF in that interop track,
but he seems to be representing GNOME not Novell.

There will also be an IBM session about collaborative document editing.
The IBM session is at the same time as the Microsoft-sponsored track.

ODF News / Round Table
We won't have meetings on 25 December 2007 and 1 January 2008.