Subject: ODF Adoption TC Call - 29 April 2008 - Minutes

Hi all,

Here are my notes from our last meeting.

Erwin

Logistics
=========

Attendees
---------
* Erwin Tenhumberg
* Don Harbison
* Louis Suarez-Potts
* Alan Clark
* Bart Hanssens
* Rob Weir
* J. David Eisenberg

We achieved a quorum.

Action Items
============

Finalize ODF V1.2 Errata Document & Submit to SC34
We will probably not have an ODF 1.0 SC34 errata document,
but a comprehensive errata document instead.
A draft is available now.
The work should be complete in about five weeks from today.

We just had a ballot to approve the ODF 1.1 Accessibility Guidelines.
We had 100% yes votes, i.e. 10 yes votes.
It's now a committee specification.

The ODF 1.2 activity level has really picked up.
There are higher meeting and mailing list activities.
The frequency of posting drafts has picked.
Draft 7 is the latest draft.

Create table of ODF Language Translations
Confirmed Languages / Translations:
* English
* Chinese
* Russian

Translations with unclear status:
* Japanese?
* Spanish?
* Brazilian Port.?
* Korean?

Review and investigate OSS projects working with ODF
Erwin contacted the various projects.
Most projects are still active, i.e. the developer replied that
he/she is still maintaining the code.
J. David would like to help.
Drupal and Plone might be interesting projects to look at.
Louis has been in contact with Drupal and Plone.

ODF Camp at OOoCon
==================
Last year we had an ODF Camp at OOoCon.
We could do another workshop around interop,
but will have to do more regarding interop.
An assessment checklist is needed.
An IBM employees is on an XSLT Test Suite TC and might
be able to help.
The XSLT Test Suite TC created a checklist and developed
test cases.
AI: Rob will come up with a proposal for a test suite effort!

Agenda Items for the next meeting
* ODF Logo
* ODF Camp at OOoCon