Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] TC Coordination Conference Calls for 2009 - MAP + ODF 1.2 Brochure

Title: RE: [odf-adoption] TC Coordination Conference Calls for 2009 - MAP + ODF 1.2 Brochure

Marino,

> Regarding brochure "What's New in ODF 1.2?" who is the target
> audience here - governments, developers, something for everyone? Might help
> in determining what should go in there.

I think they can be combined in one single document, perhaps with a few hints
or choosing another focus/audience per paragraph. For example:

* a paragraph about "governments": they will appreciate the XML-DSIG
* "power-users" might like the database front-end and OpenFormula
* some words on meta data "for developers"

For developers, a separate primer might be very useful (especially the new
meta data), perhaps in combination with links to odftoolkit and libraries
in other programming languages.

Use case for ODF 1.2: law office; one could use the meta data framework to
tag cases, store it on a secure network and use a crawler to find related
cases. Probably XML-DSIG can be thrown into the mix.

Best regards,

Bart