Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Minutes: February 10 Accessibility SubteamMeeting

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM wrote on 02/12/2006 10:19:22 AM:

> It also means that we may need to define navigation spots within
> presentations. For example, the markup should allow the author to define a
> tab sequence much the same way that HTML does. What the keyboard mappings
> are, etc. are not the scope of the group.

Yes, you are of course correct.

> Nathaniel, I have not been following the entire ODF TC efforts but I would
> assume there are mobile implications for ODF as well.  I believe we would
> also like to ensure device independence.

I believe that is one of the general goals of ODF.  However, I've been working under the assumption that not every device will need its software to provide the same level of accessibility to ODF documents.  Mobile devices are not likely to be terribly important for those who are bedridden or paralyzed, while heads-up displays for vehicle drivers probably needn't worry about users who are too vision-impaired to drive.  So basically what I'm saying is that I see these as largely independent topics, but please correct me if I've missed something.  -- Nathaniel