Subject: Problem statement.

As per my action item, last Fridays meeting.

Problem statement.

The Accessibility interests have very little experience in navigating
presentation slides such as are provided by Open Office Impress.

Objective. To have a documented solution to navigation within a single slide.
If interim or unacceptable to the group, to seek further research given our
experiences.

Approach to a solution.

1. This team obtain a variety of slides and analyze them for
   navigation and presentation to the user.

2. This team analyze the results and collate a clear statement of the
   problems, possible navigation schemes, content presentation etc.

3. If appropriate, seek other assistance in further research. RERC,
   http://www.aac-rerc.com/pages/about/about.htm has been suggested as
   a possibility.

Suggested approach.

Obtain a variety of slides, each representative of a class of slide.
Determine the key visual features of the slide, as items or groups of
items. Propose a navigation sequence (tab order). Propose how each
item might be presented to the user, both as content (text of a text
box) and as metadata (this is a rectangle at these coordinates).

Collate and feed back to the group.

regards

--
Dave Pawson