Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] image selection

Dave raises a specific instance of what I fear is a general problem we
have yet to solve adequately. From my own rather meager, though serious
attempts to learn OO from built in help, I am concerned that "How do we
advise" is something we should talk about more generally at some point.

Is it just me? Or the builtin help system's accessibility? Or just
newly stable and still somewhat tenuous screen readers? I don't know,
but I do know I have been unsuccessful attempting to understand how to
create a spread sheet using my AT. I know of only one document intended
to help the AT user, namely's Sun's guidance for Gnome accessibility on
the Gnome site--and it's fairly Solaris heavy. I suspect we're going to
need more to get users comfortable.

Perhaps this is just my own learning issue, but I am rather concerned
that we could end up with an accessible application that its intended
audience cannot easily grok.

--

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.595.7777

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to http://ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.