Subject: RE: [office-accessibility] New DAISY math specification

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your question. I referred it to one of our MathML experts at Design Science, Neil Soiffer.  Neil's response is below. If anyone has additional questions, please let me know.

Steve Noble
Director of Accessibility Policy
Design Science, Inc.
E-mail: SteveN@DesSci.com
Phone: (502) 969-3088
http://www.dessci.com/accessibility
-----

There are only two potentially significant things about MathML in DAISY:

1. The altimg and alttext attributes on the "math" tag are not optional, they are required. We have a tool that will add them.

2. Only presentation MathML is allowed. If you want to use content MathML, it must be inside a semantics element as follows:

<semantics>

.<....> presentation MathML </...>

<annotation-xml encoding="MathML-Content"> content MathML </annotation-xml> </semantics>

Other than this, any valid MathML 2.0 is valid in DAISY.

Neil

-----