Subject: Q: ODF 1.1 A11y, Header Rows

Hi,

thinking about the different ODF 1.1 A11y features for OOo, I stumbled
over this:

> If a table does not fit on a single page, table rows that are included
> in a <table:table-header-rows> element are automatically repeated on
> every page

So this means, I can't declare a row as a header row w/o making it
repeating!
Is this really OK?

For now, this means we already have this feature in Writer and Calc, but

Writer:
Insert Table dialog => Option "Heading", sub option "repeat heading".
Both turned of by default.
Turning on "Heading" results in a different text style for the first
row, but not in <table:table-header-rows>.
Only additionally turning on "repeat heading" results in
Maybe "repeat heading" should at least be turned on by default?

Calc:
Headings can be specified by "Format / Print Ranges / Edit....".
=> "Rows to repeat", "Columns to repeat".

So you already can get well structured tables in Writer and Calc, but
you need to know how to do it, and it must be repeating.

Some cleaner UI for this might be very helpful, but my feeling is that
working on this makes only sense if I can declare headings *without*
forcing the author to have it repeated.

Any ideas on this?

Malte.

--
Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@sun.com>       Sun Microsystems GmbH
Technical Architect Software Engineering                   Nagelsweg 55