Subject: OASIS ODF a11y SC meeting Thursday,5July07 8am PT / 11am ET / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET

Greetings,

Rich has handed me back the reins this week, and I'd like to have a
brief meeting this week to talk about a few things.  I hope you all are
able to join in!

Connection info:

Thursday 5July07; 8am PT / 11am ET / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET
1-866-839-8145 (US toll free)
1-865-524-6352 (Intl)
code: 6560654#

IRC: http://irc.oasis-open.org
channel: "&office-accessibility"

Suggested agenda:

1) Approve minutes for last ODF Accessibility SC Meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/office-accessibility/200706/msg00011.html

2) Status of ODF 1.1 Accessibility Guidelines?  I believe everything is
done.  Please see draft #26 at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/24546/ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines_26_5July2007.odt
and also attached.  Any last comments/reviews?

3) News items:
    - Sun released the ODF Plug-in for Microsoft Office (so MS-Office can
      read/write ODF files directly)
    - Microsoft published the white paper ""Accessibility of Ecma Office
      Open XML File Formats"
http://openxmldeveloper.org/archive/2007/07/02/Accessibility_of_Open_XML.aspx
     [for more, please see: http://blogs.sun.com/korn/date/20070703]

4) Question: should we produce a document similar to the MS doc?

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines_26_5July2007.odt