Subject: ODF Accessibility guidelines 1.2

I have a new draft section 3.4. This will go through a few more rounds for sure as the ODF 1.2 spec still needs to be more crips regarding table refreshes and dynamic updates to suit me. That said, the 1.2 specification is getting much better. I still have not gone through the specification to say whether it is good enough for a deep dive and it appears there has been a new schema refresh.

I thought it best to merge in a new section that covered all dynamic updates including animation. This encompasses Janina's work as well. Also I created a new appendix which included infomation on video plug-in support for the hearing impaired. I still need to get more information on desciptive audio for flash.

Does the group like this approach. I have more word smithing and investigation to go as we clarify the ODF specification but before I go any further does the group agree with this approach to place all this in one section.

Note: I had problems with Open Office and Symphony betas. The heading numbers got whacked so I re-entered them manually.

Cheers,
Rich

(See attached file: odfguid-rich1.odt)

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

odfguid-rich1.odt