Subject: Wiki updates: Requirements and Use Cases

Wiki updates: Requirements and Use Cases

We have updated the wiki (1) to include a summary of the Requirements
(derived from (2)) and also all the Use Cases that we have to date.

The wiki provides a list of all the Use Cases, and the actual files are
posted in a zip file in a new Use Cases folder in the documents section
(3). For each use case, the zip file contains the ODT documents. In most
cases this is two documents ('before change' and 'after change'), but
for some use cases it is more than two. The document samples contain
text to describe the change, so they are intended to be self-documenting.

The Requirements and the Use Cases both have reference numbers against
each item, to make it easier for e-mail discussion on any individual
item.  The zip file for the Use Cases has also been annotated with the
numbers for easier cross-referencing.

The Use Cases zip file does not contain any worked solutions, but if you
want to access the original submission which includes worked solutions
and code to demonstrate that they work, then this is in the office
comments e-mail (4). This does not contain the new Uses Cases I ('Other'
section).

In addition to the Use Cases above, we also have Rob Weir's comments in
his e-mail dated 6th January 2011 (5), and I will reply to that
separately because I think there are some points that need further
discussion.

If you are aware of any other use cases or requirements, please add
these to the wiki as soon as possible.

(1) Wiki with Requirements and Use Cases:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Advanced%20Document%20Collaboration

(2) Original ADC Requirements Summary email:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/email/archives/201012/msg00019.html

(3) Documents including Use Cases zip:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/documents.php

(4) Original submission with proposed solutions
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201007/msg00011.html

(5) Use cases email from Rob Weir
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/email/archives/201101/msg00000.html

Robin La Fontaine, Director, DeltaXML Ltd  "Change control for XML"
T: +44 1684 592 144  E: robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com
http://www.deltaxml.com
Registered in England 02528681 Reg. Office: Monsell House, WR8 0QN, UK